--={Flyer}=--

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:27:11 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
wrote:

--={Flyer}=-- wrote:
We've also discovered that it costs more to dispose of used flourescent tubes
than to buy new ones.

Why? Just break them. They'll take up no space at all. G

I don't remember exactly which regulation we have to adhere to, but it's one of
those ISO yada yada
government-mandated-if-you-want-work-you-gotta-follow-our-rules things.
ISO14000, ISO14001...whatever.
The lamps are on 24/6 and every week there's a new crop of dead tubes in the
storage rack. The guy that comes to pick them up always has a
cat-that-ate-the-canary look on his face, plus the electricians, who are under
contract to us have bought new trucks the past three years.
I'm in the wrong line of work -

Tom Flyer