Lionel

Kibo informs me that "N Cook" stated
that:

Someone with a small business asked me for advice on
setting up a tape-loop player for his receptionist to
divert to when junk callers ring in. Saying "putting you
on hold" but leaving the caller
in limbo until he cancels - but make him
as uncomfortable as possible while hanging on.

I think you'd get better results with an AM radio tuned halfway between
a fundy-Christian station & one of those low-budget Top-40 stations with
the annoying, cheap-ass commercials, & with the volume turned up so loud
that it's distorting.