Greg Millen

Default Dust collection - LS1013 Makita

At the WW show I had a look at the lengths some demonstrators went to with
dust collection and crowd safety. I saw some fully enclosed acrylic booths,
multi-hose designs that looked like the set from Alien, wooden entrapments
and and some light plastic shrouds.

None of them worked very well, some of them could not have worked in
mitre/compound mode.

High velocity shop vacs simply are not good enough, it needs a full 4" hose
IMHO. So, does anyone have a good (simple) design for a Makita LS 1013? I am
keen not to extend the depth of the saw beyond the normal extended length of
a full depth cut.

Anyone? Bueller?

--
Greg