Ian St. John

Elvis Kabong wrote:
"Ian St. John" wrote in message

snip

Well, we all know Teamp Chimpy never "won" the 2000 election
other than the 5-4 vote on the Supreme Court, which brings up
another question - why does anyone call Bush "President Bush"?
He's not the frickin' president! He never won the election!

Certainly, but you are working under the misapprehension that the U.S. is a
democracy. Nothing in the U.S. election laws makes the popular vote binding.
It is primarily a function of the fifty states (thus the electoral college
system), which may or may not recognise the dominant vote of their own state
citizens.

The majority of voters voted for Gore. Yeah, I know how
the electorial college works, but that did not come into play
any more than the popular vote. The chimp was appointed.

Certainly. One of the problems is that he is trying to be a 'war president'
in order to gain legitimacy that the (s)election did not give him.

And now it looks like they're gonna cheat him in there again.
Sheeks, what a perverse tragedy and failure of democracy.

The corporations have taken control through the rightwing neocons and the
rise of fascism. They have no real interest in nations, only power. Economic
power has taken over from the old territorial imperatives..

If there were only some other planet to go to to get away
from fascist liars and cheaters, I'd be in heaven.

Sweden?

KABONG!~!~!~

"If fascism came to America it would be on a
program of Americanism."
~Huey P. Long

Bob