James Sweet

wrote in message
On 15 Oct 2004 07:22:11 -0700, (H. R. Bob Hofmann)
wrote:

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

Snip
Just get a continuous loop tape for an old answering machine, they

still
sell them, 60 seconds is a common size and they'll hang up before

then
anyway. Load it up with opera music or something.

I used to think I was a clever guy by having humorous outgoing messages

on
my answering machine. This was before I grew up a bit.
Anyway, one of the better ones was to use the actual telco announcement
that, "we're sorry, but you must first dial a 1 or a 0 ...." and

repeated it
several times before the beep. When the caller then dialed the 1 or 0,

they
would then get the real telco message "we're sorry, but it is not

necessary
to dial a 1 or 0....."

I was quite proud of myself for that one....

Mark Z.

That's one of the best one's I have heard about!!

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Too bad the cold callers aren't doing the dialing. It's all computer
run and when the callee answers, the call is connected to a sales
droid.

Usually though they'll automatically detect the disconnected tone and remove
the number from their list, however now there's that do not call list so I
rarely get any sales calls at all anymore, I do however get those damn
political ones still, if they hadn't excluded politicians and charities
there wouldn't have been that controversy with the law in the first place. I
wish politicians would understand this simple fact, call my house and I'm
that much *less* likely to vote for you.