MartinP

Default Combination boiler question

Hi Everyone
I'm installing a new CH system in a barn conversion to supply both the arn
and the house; the two are connected via a conservatory.
I'd like to use a combi boiler to supply the radiators and DHW in the barn.
The house is too far away to sensibly supplt DHW but there is a hot water
tank there from the existing, ancient system. Can I use a combi boiler to
supply a hot feed to an indirect cylinder via a three way valve along with
hot water directly to some taps and the rads.
One question, does a combi work directly off mains water or do I need a cold
water tank?

Martin
E Yorks