Blake Patterson

Default Metal (woodcore) door warping question...

I had a doorframe/door replacement done in early February. It's a
pressed-wood / particleboard core door with metal sheet over both
sides with a large window in the middle. I leearned shortly after it
was installed that I need to paint the door, sealing it entirely as to
avoid warping. My intention was to do this in the following months
after things warmed up.

I never got around to it.

So now it is mid October and tomorrow temps run from morning to nite
from low of 45 to high of 60. It will be 2 weeks before I can get to
it again if I don't paint it this weekend. It is raining today but no
rain (currently) called for tomorrow. The situation is not ideal.

The door is not warped currently - it opens / shuts as easily as it
did when installed. I am wondering if warping is a guarantee if I
wait until NEXT spring to paint/seal this door. Will it almost
certainly warp?

Thanks.

bp