Chris J Dixon

jonni wrote:

Currenlty doing up my old council semi and have stripped the Kitchen out in
preperation for the Plasterer arriving on Monday to skim coat the walls.
Problem I have is the ceiling...... it will not be skimmed along with the
walls and there is quite clearly visible tape from where the plasterboard
was joined originally

See picture - http://www.btinternet.com/~jonni/kitceiling.jpg

What would you recommend the best solution to rectify this? Arranging and
paying for the ceiling to be skimmed seems excessive, would it be possible
to remove the tape and use a filler with flexibility then smooth it off and
repaint?

I wouldn't touch the existing tape. Just get a caulking tool,
similar to
http://www.toolbank.com/product.cfm?...3F145C6s76 no

and use this to spread ordinary filler over the joint. Although
there will obviously be a small lump over the join, in practice
the slope can be so gradual that it is not noticeable when
finished.

This is what *ought* to have been done when the tape was
originally applied.

Regards
Chris
--