Larry Jaques

On 16 Oct 2004 03:14:20 GMT, (JMWEBER987) calmly
ranted:

The link below is to a picture of earrings and pin on the craft site guild.com.
How is the wood assembled to get the effect shown? I assume its glued up and
sawn multiple times but if anyone can supply specific details about the process
I would appreciate it. Or do you think each piece is cut and fit together?
http://www.guild.com/artitem/17801.html
thanks, Mike in Arkansas

Read the techniques/links on these sites, Mike:

www.marquetry.org www.intarsia.com

At www.amazon.com , search for books, "marquetry".

I'll bet the individual pieces of wood are cut,
glued onto paper, sanded smooth, and cut to fit
the jewelry.

CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development