jonni

Default Visible join on Kitchen Ceiling....

Currenlty doing up my old council semi and have stripped the Kitchen out in
preperation for the Plasterer arriving on Monday to skim coat the walls.
Problem I have is the ceiling...... it will not be skimmed along with the
walls and there is quite clearly visible tape from where the plasterboard
was joined originally

See picture - http://www.btinternet.com/~jonni/kitceiling.jpg

What would you recommend the best solution to rectify this? Arranging and
paying for the ceiling to be skimmed seems excessive, would it be possible
to remove the tape and use a filler with flexibility then smooth it off and
repaint?

Although it may not look it in the picture, the rest of the ceiling is
smooth, it's just the couple of lines of tape which are visible that cause
the problem

Any advice is appreciated

Jonni

PS: Incidentallly - I am also considering the 2 day plastering course
offered by these guys - any comments?

http://www.plasteringworkshop.co.uk/default.aspx