Bob Eager

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:48:30 UTC, Alan
wrote:

In message , Bob Eager
wrote
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:42:40 UTC, (Paper2002AD)
wrote:

if you replace the spider, you should also replace the inner and outer
bearings, and the seals - œ97 dont sound bad if it includes labour

Bearings, seals and spider for my Hotpoint were about 20 quid from CPC.

Took a couple of hours and a bit of swearing...but still going fine
several years later...

I would also guess that if the spider has broken the bearings need
replacing.

That's why I said "bearings, seal and spider"!

The only problem I had was that, as I was told, I wasn't hitting the old
bearing hard enough!
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!