Norminn

Forza Azzurri wrote:
Hello,

does anybody have a schedule of when and what to put on my lawn
throughout the year. I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. I had a
professional do it but I bet it isn't difficult at all to do myself.
Most concerned with fertilization, weed and pest control.

many thanks !!!

The best thing to do is to, first, learn the best practices for mowing
and watering. That will greatly reduce the need for other treatments.
Package labels tend to maximize use of chemicals and don't often address
the local issues. One application of a major broadleaf herbicide for
weeds, for instance, may be all that you need for several years. Proper
mowing and hand weeding can control what occurs later. I saw a news
item yesterday about male bass in the ?Potomoc River that are producing
eggs! They don't know the reason, for sure, but it is a very disturbing
thought. We already have gators here in Florida with all kinds of
deformities. Part of the increase in oil prices is supposedly from
increased demand in China - wait 'til China gets as "modern" as the US -
the polution will put the world back into the dark ages )

Think about slow release fertilizers, run-off, etc. Proper timing for
herbicides and insecticides has everything to do with their effect and
the need for future applications.