Grandpa

Don't feel bad. Many many years ago a neighbor who was an engineer
(docks & piers in Seattle etc) & built a small fishing boat that
resembled a tug. Had an in-line 4-banger eng. Beautiful craftsmanship.
Built it in his double garage (tri-level home w/ 2 garage doors &
garage below part of the house) that had a support pillar between them.
Naturally the boat turned out when completed to be 3" wider than the
doorway. He'd forgotten to take into account the final trim pieces on
the sides, and of course they were already glued, screwed and painted.
He'd forgotten his own change order! He of course added a temp support
piller, removed the original setup & got the boat out but the point is,
it can happen to anyone.
Grandpa John

Jac wrote:
I knew that at some point I would build something in my basement that
I would not be able to get out. The too narrow stairs come down
around an awkward corner.

The trestle for the new dining room table is now stuck. As I was
glueing in the stretchers, I had a niggling feeling that I was
overlooking something important.... but there have been so many close
calls before that all ended happily.

I will try to savage the situation by taking out the basement stairs,
Perhaps grinding away part of the foundation at the critical corner is
an option. Or we may simply have thankgiving dinner in the basement.

But if i can't get it out, I don't know what I will do: a solid cherry
worktable seems extravagant for a hobbyshop, but what else am I going
to do with it?

remind me why we like this sport?

FMA