Why all that weed and feed???

Why not? Some lawns around here look like SOD farms. Using Weed and
Feed once a month is a simple process. Lawns where neighbors don't use
Weed and Feed are lees green and usually have some Dandelions in them.

If you are having that much trouble I
wonder if you may have other problems like cutting too short or watering
practices that are not doing will. Also the usual fast release stuff using
the most brand name stuff makes for weak grass and extra work and money on
your part.

My lawn looks great. I have no trouble with it because I keep on top
of it. If you want a premium lawn you can not just fertilize in spring
and fall.