Peter H

Forza Azzurri wrote:

Hello,

does anybody have a schedule of when and what to put on my lawn
throughout the year. I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. I had a
professional do it but I bet it isn't difficult at all to do myself.
Most concerned with fertilization, weed and pest control.

many thanks !!!

It's a bit more involved than you may think. Many homeowners can get
their lawn going well for a few years and then they run into problems.

When I was in the business I operated with a cost of goods of about 20%.
I was buying in large quantities and you would pay about triple what I
was paying. Throw in a few dollars for your effort and you're not saving
anything at all.

If you're definitely going to do it yourself I would recommend that you
put 4 lbs of nitrogen down per 1000 sq ft for the entire season. Avoid
heavy fert being released in the summer. Spot treat the weeds and never
use weed and feed. Wack the bugs with an insecticide each summer in the
first two weeks of August.

Good luck

Peter H