Xlat

Yep, as someone else said, the tailstock will come off in about 15
seconds or so. Another option, and one that might prove handy down
the road, is to get the bed extension. It's under $50.00 and might be
useful for longer things later. hth.

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:33:08 -0400, "James D. Farrow"
wrote:

Hi! Another newbie question.

I am looking at getting the Jet 1014 Mini Wood Lathe.

It has a 10" swing and 14" capacity between "centers".

I want to turn bowls, vases, etc...

Now, can I operate the lathe without the tail stock attached?

Or is that going to through the weight balance out and it will
want to shake, rattle and roll.

I am asking because if I can't it will result in a maximum
length of, what, maybe 6 or 8 inches for a vase. Any longer and I won't
be able to manouver the tools to hollow out the vase. Right?

Thanks,

James

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!