Joseph Meehan

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:38:19 GMT, Forza Azzurri
wrote:

Hello,

does anybody have a schedule of when and what to put on my lawn
throughout the year. I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. I had a
professional do it but I bet it isn't difficult at all to do myself.
Most concerned with fertilization, weed and pest control.

many thanks !!!

This works for the Detroit area which is most likely very
similar to your climate.

4-07 Pre-emergent Crabgrass Control (time sensitive)

4-25 Spring Fertilizer

5-10 Weed and Feed

6-10 Weed and Feed

7-10 Weed and Feed

8-10 Weed and Feed

9-10 Weed and Feed

10-10 Fall Fertilizer

* You may also use a Broad Leaf Weed Killer in a Spray Bottle for
Spot Killing of Weeds

Wow. That looks like a lot of work. Down in Central Ohio I have a two
step process.

Spring, about the time the grass starts to grow:

Slow release nitrogen fertilizer. I chose about 4-2-2 and a rate based
on the nitrogen.

Fall:

Same as Spring maybe closer to 4-2-2 and at a little lower rate.

Spot weed control through the growing season.

Why all that weed and feed??? If you are having that much trouble I
wonder if you may have other problems like cutting too short or watering
practices that are not doing will. Also the usual fast release stuff using
the most brand name stuff makes for weak grass and extra work and money on
your part.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math