Paper2002AD

Been looking for a cheap washer to get me started when I move in now I
can get broadband.. ;-)

Seen one on Ebay that is local to me for £20.00 - says it needs a new
spider? Assume that's the metal bit on the back of the drum.

Can I fix it myself if I get the part, they've quoted in the advert
£97.00 to get it fixed.

I know it's not new but I don't want to shell out hundreds on a new
machine for a couple of washes a week etc. when I could be buying diy
materials. :-)

Mark S.

if you replace the spider, you should also replace the inner and outer
bearings, and the seals - £97 dont sound bad if it includes labour, so I would
consider the following:

A)Do you know what you are doing and might you find you have to replace other
parts too, and
B)Is it worth spending that kind of money on a machine whose history you do not
know.

But then, what do I know, I only worked on washing machine development at
Hoover for eight years!