Wim Jay

Default Wednesday's Random Lottery Numbers for 28 January, 2004

"ah" wrote in message

Wim Jay wrote:

"ah" wrote in message

ng_abuse-subscribe wrote:

The screw tightens.

Ahhh . . . is it about filter-circumvention?

No, they have noted you are carrying on conversations with posters
who politely answer you, paying no regard to their sig length. In
the land of the ancient demons (Old Skool) one should not reply to a
post bearing a sig with more than four lines except to point out the
"misdemeanour" of the miscreant. Daft I call it.

[looking more closely--sees 6-lines]

So, I should not be doing what I'm doing right now?

Do what you like, so long as it does not hurt anyone. If you were a fully
signed up member of the d.l Freikorps, you would have snipped the entire
contents of my post, except for the headers, then answered along these lines:

snipped nothing worth reading due to sig length

"If you wish to partake in d.l, trim your sig to four lines or less."

A few moments later, the acting-sergeant would have joined in with:

"That should be four lines' or fewer."

Along would come the lieutenant:

"There is an aberrant apostrophe in the last post."

The captain would speak up:

"The Last Post is played on the trumpet and has no apostrophes."

Enter the Mad Major:

"It's a ****ing bugle not a trumpet and you are all ignoring the **** posting
with the long sig. You have been warned!"

And so, the day to day life in the regiment of the damned plays out....

But, things change, do they not?

Not in d.l: "The more things change....."

--
Wim
"Not only that, but the sweet innocent soul is plonking people who in