I'm in the process of replacing my mother in law's stove and when I removed
the old stove, I think I have found a panel of asbestos being used to shield
the heat from the wall next to the stove. It's intact and is covered by the
stove. Is there any thing I can spray over the panel to contain any asbestos
that it may contain? I have a HVLP sprayer and can spray most any kind of
liquid. Is there a product that is heat resistant that I can incapsolate the
panel with?

If its a hard/rigid board, like an asbestos shingle, and it doesn't flake,
puff, or shed dust when you poke it with your finger, then you don't need
to encapsulate it with anything. If you just want to pamper your own
phobias, take the thing out entirely, bury it in the back yard in the dark of
the
moon, and replace it with sheetmetal.

--Goedjn