H. R. Bob Hofmann

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message ...
Snip
Just get a continuous loop tape for an old answering machine, they still
sell them, 60 seconds is a common size and they'll hang up before then
anyway. Load it up with opera music or something.

I used to think I was a clever guy by having humorous outgoing messages on
my answering machine. This was before I grew up a bit.
Anyway, one of the better ones was to use the actual telco announcement
that, "we're sorry, but you must first dial a 1 or a 0 ...." and repeated it
several times before the beep. When the caller then dialed the 1 or 0, they
would then get the real telco message "we're sorry, but it is not necessary
to dial a 1 or 0....."

I was quite proud of myself for that one....

Mark Z.

That's one of the best ones I have heard about!!

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann