Pete C

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:45:40 +0100, Richard Savage
wrote:

Letter has just dropped through my door inviting me to part with £15.99
pa for the privilege of being insured against up to £2000 of the cost of
replacing the water pipe from my meter to the house. Water Board make a
great play, in said leaflet, of telling me that (a) that run if pipe is
my responsibilty and (b) it's *****ing expensive is it springs a leak.

Any comments?

Hi,

I'd have thought they mean from the stopcock to the house. Might not
hurt to go outside at night with a listening stick, and listen out for
any leaks.

PS water pipe is under my brick driveway and has not broken in 4 years
of parking 2tonnes of Range Rover on it ;-) But it was installed in
1954 and is steel.

I'd have thought £16 per year into £2000 is easy money, it implies 1
in 3 pipes of that age will have leaked by now ))

cheers,
Pete.