DanG

The transite sheet; unless it has been rubbed, drilled, sanded,
sawn. etc; would not be in a friable condition. At this time it
is not a controlled material here. When I say controlled, it does
not have to go to a registered landfill and does not have to be
dealt with by licensed contractors, at least not here.

There is no reason to encapsulate it. Was it screwed or nailed?
Why ;not just remove it if it worries you?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Bernie Hunt" wrote in message
t...
I'm in the process of replacing my mother in law's stove and
when I removed the old stove, I think I have found a panel of
asbestos being used to shield the heat from the wall next to the
stove. It's intact and is covered by the stove. Is there any
thing I can spray over the panel to contain any asbestos that it
may contain? I have a HVLP sprayer and can spray most any kind
of liquid. Is there a product that is heat resistant that I can
incapsolate the panel with?

Thanks,
Bernie