Edwin Pawlowski

"Bernie Hunt" wrote in message
t...
I'm in the process of replacing my mother in law's stove and when I
removed the old stove, I think I have found a panel of asbestos being used
to shield the heat from the wall next to the stove. It's intact and is
covered by the stove. Is there any thing I can spray over the panel to
contain any asbestos that it may contain?

If you are talking about a typical home style kitchen stove, no heat shield
is necesary. The wall can be painted with latex paint so if that is good
enough for any home, it will be good enough over the panel, should you
desire leaving it in place. Or cover it with a thin piece of sheet metal.