MM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 06:19:35 +0100, "Al Reynolds"
wrote:

"MM" wrote:
Yep. They want to be moved by Christmas and the agent is "stipulating"
a 28-day exchange. No skin off my nose as I can always live in a
long-stay B&B if need be.

Sounds ideal to me.

If you're still desperate to get more than £185000, I would
tell them that your prepared to sell without an onward purchase,
thus terminating any chain. This makes their dream of exchanging
within 28 days much more likely so they might go up to £189000
(don't call it £190000 - it sounds too much more ;-). Of course,
they might not bite, in which case it might have to be £185000.

You walk away with a big wad of cash which you can use to buy
whatever house you like at the drop of a hat.

Yes, there is that. However, pause for a moment for some slight
additional irritation. When the agent's agent came round yesterday for
a chat, another viewer of my property (who visited a week ago today)
who has also sold to a FTB cropped up in conversation during which it
became apparent that this other viewer had not been approached with
revised information about a lower offer I might be prepared to accept.
As far as that other viewer is concerned, the property is still on at
the asking price. I instructed the agent's agent to get on the blower
pronto this am, just to make sure that we are covering all possibles,
since no one appears to have done so yet.

I even wonder whether it would be unethical of me to contact the
person myself, as I know the person's telephone number. Hopefully I
can trust the agent to exhaust all avenues of all potential buyers...?

MM