Al Reynolds

"MM" wrote:
Yep. They want to be moved by Christmas and the agent is "stipulating"
a 28-day exchange. No skin off my nose as I can always live in a
long-stay B&B if need be.

Sounds ideal to me.

If you're still desperate to get more than £185000, I would
tell them that your prepared to sell without an onward purchase,
thus terminating any chain. This makes their dream of exchanging
within 28 days much more likely so they might go up to £189000
(don't call it £190000 - it sounds too much more ;-). Of course,
they might not bite, in which case it might have to be £185000.

You walk away with a big wad of cash which you can use to buy
whatever house you like at the drop of a hat.

Al