"Bernie Hunt" in
t:

I'm in the process of replacing my mother in law's stove and when I
removed the old stove, I think I have found a panel of asbestos being
used to shield the heat from the wall next to the stove. It's intact
and is covered by the stove. Is there any thing I can spray over the
panel to contain any asbestos that it may contain? I have a HVLP
sprayer and can spray most any kind of liquid. Is there a product that
is heat resistant that I can incapsolate the panel with?

if behind the stove, it's probably sticky with 70 years of old grease
fumes... :-)

hasn't the panel been painted a few times yet?

maybe chimney-insert sellers can suggest patch or sealers?