Jerry G.

I would never go to all that trouble. When they start their jargon type
introduction, the very first question I ask is, "What are you trying to
sell me?". This gets them on the edge. Then the person starts rambling
on some "you-no-what" at me, and I let them go on for a bit. Then I tell
them that I am not really interested, and I think they should get a
better job. I then hang up the phone.

What is annoying, is that they always call at the most inconvenient
hours. It is usually when the family is sitting down for supper. I
sometimes tell them that I am eating my supper, and they should call
back in about an hour. When I see it is the same caller showing on my
caller ID box, I simply pick up the phone and tell them that I am not
interested, then I abruptly hang up.

Usually this type of behaviour keeps them at bay.

--

Jerry G.
======

"N Cook" wrote in message
Someone with a small business asked me for advice on
setting up a tape-loop player for his receptionist to
divert to when junk callers ring in. Saying "putting you
on hold" but leaving the caller
in limbo until he cancels - but make him
as uncomfortable as possible while hanging on.

1) My idea is to cut a small flat on the pinch wheel
and replace the capstan drive band with a longer
and thinner band.

2) What choice of music would be most annoying
to the age-group of junk callers ?

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~diverse