Andy Hall

Default Basic electrical question

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:18:04 +0000, PoP wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 20:05:28 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

OK, to some extent this is razor blade marketing, but £2.50 a hole
doesn't seem completely outrageous to me.

And possibly for two reasons.

The first is that if you are selling services to others then £2.50 for
a neat hole that is created in say 10 minutes is a whole lot better
than 2 hours at premium labour rates doing it another way.

It's not even that. There isn't even the issue of setting the cutter
depth accurately because there is a ball bearing stop at the top.

It's literally a case of fitting the guide bush to the router base,
cutter in the router. Then the trammel screws to the floor with a
wood screw but free to rotate.

With my T5 router and chipboard, it will do the job in four passes
comfortably. This leaves a disk of material. You insert the ring
in the hole, invert the disc and you're done.

Secondly, if you are doing this in your own home, just how many of
these holes will be required?

Exactly. IIRC, the original product came with three rings and I
bought another pack of ten. I still have a few left.

PoP

Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl