Joe

In message , James Hart
writes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3736942.stm
Basically en emeritus professor of physics from the University of New Mexico
has been told he can't carry on teaching at the school he's been at for 2
years because he doesn't have the right bit of paper to say he's got the
equivalent of a grade C in GCSE maths.

Sometimes I think it's only the paperwork that matters, not the actual job
behind it.

Of course. If you're not competent to decide whether to hire someone,
what can you do but look at the bits of paper?

Having said that, I suspect in this case it was a matter of who he was
i.e. American. Racism against Americans appears to be perfectly legal in
this country, and almost universal among 'liberals'.
--
Joe