Never Enough Money

The library is not a good option if you want the book on your
nightstand to peruse at any time for the next, say, 10 years.

Rolling Thunder wrote in message . ..
The best book is the one you can find at the library. You'll
likely find one on your list at the library.

Thunder

On 14 Oct 2004 06:31:55 -0700, (Never Enough
Money) wrote:

Lot's of books to choose from! I've listed some I found from Amazon
below. I want one that covers mixing finishes like wax topcoats on
Danish oil, or shellac as a top coat, etc. I also want a chart (that
I've seen somewhere but don't recall) that compares various finishes
in terms of durability, repairability, water resistence, shine, etc. I
don't care about spraying techniques, I'm only doing hand
finishing....

BTW, I'd welcome a recommendation from Jeff Jewitt, a sometimes
contributor to this group and the author of many of the books listed
below. Jeff, are you out there reading this?

Here's the list I found:
Tauton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Finishing by Jeff and Susan
Jewitt

Great Wood Finishes: A Step-by-Step Guide to Consistent and Beautiful
Results by Jeff Jewitt

Hand-Applied Finishes by Jeff Jewitt

Finishes and Finishing Techniques: Professional Secrets for Simple and
Beautiful Finishes in Fine Woodworking by Tauton Press

Understanding Wood Finishing: How to Select and Apply the Right Finish
by Bob Flexner

More Finishes and Finishing Techniques: The Best of Fine Woodworking
by Fine Woodworking

The New Wood Finishing Book by Michael Dresdner