Richard Faulkner

In message , MM
writes
As of this Thursday pm I have not received any such notice. "Looks like
war, Matilda." "Oh, what is to become of us, Harry?" "Matilda, I just
don't don't know what the world is coming to any more." "Never mind,
Harry, at least we've got each other!"

Dont forget that you really want the estate agent on your side so,
unless you are planning to sack them and go to Trading Standards, you
should be wary of declaring war.

In real terms, what have you lost by not having the offer in writing?

Let me stress that I am not defending the estate agent, merely
suggesting that you could cut off your nose to spite your face here.

--
Richard Faulkner