Al Reynolds

"MM" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:51:39 +0100, "Al Reynolds"
Separate to Richard's helpful advice, I have since located the
Ombudsman for Estate Agents' Code of Practice, in which para 6a reads:

quote

6a

By law you must tell clients as soon as is reasonably possible about
all offers that you receive at any time until contracts have been
exchanged (in Scotland, missives have been concluded) unless the offer
is an amount or type which the client has specifically instructed you,
in writing, not to pass on. You must confirm such offers in writing
at the earliest opportunity and keep a written or computerised record
of all offers you receive (including the date and time of such offers)
and the client's response.
/quote

And I've just checked the contract I signed the last time I employed
an estate agent, in which I specifically instructed (the estate agent) in
writing not to pass on details of offers in writing *unless I had accepted
them*. It was a fairly standard term in the contract which the agent
drew my attention to before I signed.

You need to check what you signed to know if they are still obliged
to notify offers in writing. None of us know what is in your contract
with your estate agent.

Al