Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Richard wrote:
The fart smell has returned so it wasn't the toilet!!! Is it possible
to be coming from the washing machine waste? I have a vertical pipe
with a u trap at the bottom which then goes off horizontally out to
the soil pipe outside. In my old (new) house it just used to fit into
the waste from the sink. I'm thinking if the toilet needs water in it
to stop the smells coming back up into the house the washing machine
waste pipe needs to have something in it too. The washing machine
waste pipe is just poked in the top.

Does this sound feasible, should I upgrdae my washing machine waste
contraption?

If there's a proper u bend, it should be ok. That's really the main
purpose with a washing machine.

--
*Many people quit looking for work when they find a job *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.