Richard

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 01:25:01 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Far to often for the props guys liking the prop toilets in the
Casualty set would gain some golden liquid and toilet paper (so we all
know which gender was responsible...). I find it remarkable that said
gender seem happy to plonk a sensitive area of their anatomy on
anything without checking for suitabilty first.

I thought that this was often a questionmark in the entertainment
industry anyway :-)

These toilets where
not connected to anything not even a mock soil pipe on the outlet, no
water in the trap or even bolted to the floor.

Yup. 'The Bill' cell toilets too. And the others. Kept locked now.

You'd wonder how someone who works in telly could be so stupid. But I've
put money in a props fag machine once...

That'll learn you...... ;-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

The fart smell has returned so it wasn't the toilet!!! Is it possible
to be coming from the washing machine waste? I have a vertical pipe
with a u trap at the bottom which then goes off horizontally out to
the soil pipe outside. In my old (new) house it just used to fit into
the waste from the sink. I'm thinking if the toilet needs water in it
to stop the smells coming back up into the house the washing machine
waste pipe needs to have something in it too. The washing machine
waste pipe is just poked in the top.

Does this sound feasible, should I upgrdae my washing machine waste
contraption?

Cheers

Richard