Richard Faulkner

In message , Richard Faulkner
writes
During the last recession, I recall one house where I suggested an
asking price of £50K, and the property went on the market at £60K - it
didnt sell. I was asked back about 9 months later, and suggested an
asking price of £50K,

This should have read "I suggested an asking price of £40K"

and the property went on the market with a new agent at £50K - it didnt
sell. I was asked back again around 6 months later, and suggested an
asking price of £35K. I got the instruction, and it sold for £33K.

Given that the market is changing, do you want to take the chance of
getting into this spiral? - I agree that the next house may do the
same, but, given that it will probably happen on both houses, I would
always prefer to be "losing money" in the place where I want to be.

Whoops!
--
Richard Faulkner