chris French

In message , MM
writes
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:47:47 +0100, Richard Faulkner
wrote:

In message , Grunff
writes
Tonight's Property Ladder:

Not really here for the house refurbishment are you g

Watched the whole thing for the 1st time tonight - what a bag of ****e,
and I'm not absolutely sure why all the fuss over Beeny?

I counted off 22 minutes into the programme, and they were
*still* arguing about that fireplace! I would much rather see more of
the actual work done and how it is done. Also, the cavalier way the
prices of things are just increased in such a careless way, like the
kitchen suddenly costing a fortune, or the electrics and heating
rocketing from £1,000 to £9,000 - none of these increases is ever
explained in any depth, in any of the episodes.

It is sometimes, I guess that they have to edit a lot of stuff to fit
into an hour, and also make each program different enough from the
rest.

Why was it necessary
to spend such a lot on the kitchen, for example? I am absolutely
convinced that you could achieve just as welcoming an overall 'look'
much more cheaply,

Indeed, which is point SB often makes - but as ever the 'developers' get
too hung up on their personal likes, not practicalities and profit. Why
on earth decorate the second bedroom as a twee nursery?
--
Chris French, Leeds