Rob Morley

In article , ""Bob Smith
\(UK\)" " "Bob Smith \(UK\)" says...

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
In article , ""Bob Smith
\(UK\)" " "Bob Smith \(UK\)" says...

What are you trying to achieve and perhaps others can advise a

different
method?

CM.

The electric meter cupboard really mouldy, because it has 2 external

walls
(one is 3'x2', the other 3'x6") that get condensation. Ventilating the

box
more than it already is (loose fitting doors) would bring more air in

there
to be chilled, cuausing it to drop it's load of water. Since there are

lots
of boxes and wires all over in there, I thought it would be easier to

spray
on a layer of foam than to use polystyrene sheets.

How about ventilating it to the outside?

I would have to insulate the remaining 3 faces to avoid getting condensation
on the outside (the living space side) of the cupboard. It would be easier
though, since there are no wires or boxes on these faces.

That's what I was thinking.

I would also have to seal the doors too.

Wouldn't adhesive foam strip would be enough for that?