MM

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:47:47 +0100, Richard Faulkner
wrote:

In message , Grunff
writes
Tonight's Property Ladder:

A) Beginning of program -
1. Beeny pregnant
2. House clearly not started
3. House owner lady not pregnant

B) Middle of program -
1. Beeny more pregnant than in A
2. House half demolished
3. House owner lady tells us she's pregnant

C) End of program -
1. Beeny *still* pregnant
2. House completed
3. House owner lady has given birth and is holding baby

Now I'm no biologist, but WTF is going on here??

Not really here for the house refurbishment are you g

Watched the whole thing for the 1st time tonight - what a bag of ****e,
and I'm not absolutely sure why all the fuss over Beeny?

She doesn't look quite so 'fragrant' as she once did, but pregnancy is
a very tiresome thing, I am led to believe. My mum never stopped
telling me how big I was. What is getting more irritating about this
programme is the amount of time spent dwelling on who is right and who
is wrong. I counted off 22 minutes into the programme, and they were
*still* arguing about that fireplace! I would much rather see more of
the actual work done and how it is done. Also, the cavalier way the
prices of things are just increased in such a careless way, like the
kitchen suddenly costing a fortune, or the electrics and heating
rocketing from £1,000 to £9,000 - none of these increases is ever
explained in any depth, in any of the episodes. Why was it necessary
to spend such a lot on the kitchen, for example? I am absolutely
convinced that you could achieve just as welcoming an overall 'look'
much more cheaply, without resorting to MFI. Maybe the real money is
in the books that accompany series like this and the programmes are
just one long advertising slot.

MM