mac davis

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:26:15 -0400, Trent©
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:32:38 GMT, mac davis
wrote:

wow.. you rang a bell there, Trent!
The router that I've been using for over 20 years and never thought
about brand-wise is a craftsman...
After all the use and abuse of just about all of my friends and
neighbors, and me once in a while, I had my first problem with it last
week..
The return spring on the little arm that locks the shaft for bit
changes broke... I replaced it with one I had (I never throw ANYTHING
away) in about 20 min... most of that time was taken to clean under
and around the faceplate for the 1st time ever..

I like mine, Mac. I think I paid just over $100 for it...and that
included the router table!

Then I bought a plunge router attachment for my RotoZip.

Don't get me wrong...I've returned a few things...and not just at
Sears, of course. But I've never gotten a hard time taking anything
back to Sears.

Have a nice one...

Trent

I've never had a problem returning or exchanging tools at sears...
even when I screw up and abuse it so bad that it breaks..
I took in a 3/4" breaker bar that we broke in half (you don't want to
know how *g*) and the guy at sears took a look at it, got me a new
one, then sat down and asked how the hell I broke it.. *lmao*