Chet Hayes

Abe wrote in message . ..
Being a homeowner that has had to do with easement issues in the past,
my very strong advice is not to grant an easement, for any reason,
whether you are compensated or not. I can't emphasize this strongly
enough.

Anything that reduces your sovereignty over the property you purchased
is just asking for trouble in unexpected and unforeseen ways.

So, draw up a contract whe
1. There is a specific start and end date for the work.
2. Specify a per diem charge of XX dollars (100 is usually pretty good
incentive) for each day the work extends past the end date, payable in
full to you, by the homeowner, at the finish of work.
3. You will be made whole for any damage the work does to your
property. Specify that the quality of work must leave the land in the
same condition that before the work was begun.
4. You are not responsible for any costs arising from Item 3 above in
the case where the land was left in 'better than original' condition.

You know what I find interesting about this and similar threads?
Someone asks an open ended question, giving hardly any info to base
advice on and then disappears. There are probably 20 posts here so
far, with all kinds of good questions raised and only the original was
from the person who started the whole thing and presumably has the
most interest.