Doctor D.

Default Plumbing shower booster pump without connecting to electric supply mains

"Ghazali" wrote in message
m...
The advice looks unanimous. Thanks guys for your help. I'll ensure I
have a plug fitted to it when he does the pluming.

Incidentally what will happen to the pump if i test it without any
water flowing through it (i.e. just air). I've heard this can be
terminal - but is the effect immediate - or does it need to happen for
a few minutes before it dies out on you ?

Most don't switch on when energised until they sense water coursing through
their veins.
Pressure switches I believe - that's how they know when to switch on and
off.