John Rumm

Rob Morley wrote:

In article , "Slymo"
says...

Nice one, I may have a go at cutting it myself but obviously I don't
want to wreck it cos they're not cheap so I'll keep my options open
for a bit. What is a ripfence though please?

A width guide for cutting parallel to an edge.

Not all jigsaws can use them, and even then you often need to buy the
fence separately. Axminster sell a Makita fence that may fit other jigsaws.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...sfile=1&jump=0

The usual alternative would be to cut along a batten to get a straight
edge. That is complicated in your case because of the curve in the
screen. You may find that a thinish strip of wood could be bent to the
same shape however if you clamped it at both ends.

--
Cheers,

John.