On 12 Oct 2004 06:29:00 -0700, someone wrote:

Wrong. I have never seen a 'real' lumberyard that didn't cater
heavily to homeowners/handymen. Eveyone I do business with is more
than happy to cut to size for me.

Oh, my local lumberyard has a sign on the wall "cuts $1 ea."; they'll
do it. But as I stand at the counter, I see that the overwhelming
majority of the quantities sold are stock lengths - often full bundles
or pallets - that the users will cut themselves.

My personal observation is that most customers of real lumber yards do
NOT have their wood cut for them, even though the yards will do it for
the occasional customer who asks for it.

I don't recall ever having a lumber yard cut a board or even a panel
for me, though its been a lot of years, maybe I did sometime way back
whenever.

-v.