Frank McVey

"LRod" wrote in message

Is it any wonder that on 24 August 2004 I posted the following (and my

snip of thoughtful thoughts

Well said, LRod. I don't mind OT discussion of most subjects, but many of
us "Wreckers" are not from the US, and the subject of your presidential
elections are of little interest to us. If, as they say, when America
catches a cold, then the rest of the western world sneezes, perhaps we
*ought* to be interested. But I really can't get worked up about something
in which I cannot participate and have no possibility of influencing.

For those guys who simply *have* to inflict their views on a largely
uncaring world, then please put the word "Political" in your subject so the
rest of us can filter it out. I've already got KkEeRrRrYy and BbUuSsHh in
my Newsproxy datfile, with splendid impartiality. In return, I promise not
to inflict those assholes Blair and Howard (who?????) on you guys.

OWWR:

Have a look at the luthiers' section in Frets.com. Particularly the bits on
repairing/restoring finishes, gluing etc. OK, it's about guitars and
mandolins etc, but a lot of it reads right across to cabinet-making. It's a
great couple of evenings' worth of reading - the man gives away more tricks
of the trade than you can shake a ****ty stick at. Go on, have a treat -
you owe it to yourself after all this political ranting...

Cheers,

Frank

---