R Taylor

Rob Morley wrote:
In article , "R Taylor"
om says...
question for any roofers:

roughly how much is a strip & relay compared to replacement with duracem ?

straightforward three bed terrace, 1 valley, 2 chimneys (flashing & soakers)

anyone have an idea how much ?

Would this not depend on the type and condition of the existing roof
covering?

trad welsh slate and having read through this groups archive I've learned
that I ought to stick with them and if I go for a strip and relay I'll end up with
about 80% of them as reusable slates.

ideally, I'd get up there and do it myself but I just don't have the time to
do a whole roof and I really don't have the skills to do the leadwork.

The roof timbers are ok, I need to know (ball park figures) how much roofers
charge for scaffold + strip / relay, felting + vents, 2.4m of code 5 valley and
2 chimney flashings.

as it stands, the lead valley + timbers need replacing along with about half
a dozen laths but whilst the scaffolds up I may as well get the chimney flashing
done and if I'm having all that done I'm very tempted to get the whole roof sorted.

what I need is a tame roofer to advise me on what they would charge per item
if they were on pricework.

it's a long shot but if this isn't the place to find out, where is ? :-)

RT