Ian Middleton

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Ian Middleton wrote:
After power was restored later that evening (didn't get charged as wrong
rated fuse had been fitted, so not my fault (?)) cut holes in plaster
board to reveal a nice loop of cable curving gracefully behind the
plaster board down to the switch. Why it didn't just go straight down,
rather than go straight past the vertical then curve back to the switch
I will never know, probably because someone couldn't be bothered to
pull the excess cable out.

You must have been using some force to drill plasterboard if you manage to
drill through a loose cable behind it?

Nope, drill (new masonary bit I think) just cut through the plaster board
and straight square onto the cable bang (a loud bang in fact) inbetween the
live and neutral, cutting the central earth wire. I think the cable was held
nicely in place (for me to drill through it) by large amounts of dot and
daub plaster as well.