N. Thornton

"JoeJoe" wrote in message ...
Just fitted a 4" wall-mounted Monrose extractor with a timer that was bought
from Screwfix last month in my downstairs shower room/toilet. The room is
approx. (W)2m x (D)2m x (H)2.5m, and the ducting is around 40-50cm long (the
depth of the external wall). I also fitted a grill with draft shutter on the
external wall.

My problem is that the fan doesn't seem to do very much at all. It hardly
manages to open the shutters when running, and when holding the shutters
fully open the airflow is hardly noticeable. Also, I tried to place a small
piece of tissue in front of it (with the shutter held open), and it hardly
managed to keep it sucked to the front grill.

Well at least its better to learn this now than never.

Is this normal for a fan of such size (85 m3/h)?

Work it out. 85 m3/hr = 1.4 m3/minute = 0.023 m3/second. And of course
those are going to be the most optimistic specs they could come up
with. Thats, under the most optimisitc possible circumstances, 2
100ths of a m3 per sec.

I am seriously thinking about replacing it with a 5" one.

lol, didnt you just learn the lesson?

NT