mac davis

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:43:52 -0400, Trent©
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 07:18:16 -0700, "Herb Robinson"
wrote:

I too believe Craftsman tools often get an unfair knock. My first table saw
was a Craftsman and it served me well for many years as I was learning my
woodworking skills -- particularly after I added a Biesemeyer home shop
fence to it. I believe if you start out with these moderately priced tools,
once you are ready to upgrade, you have a much better idea of what you
want/need.

I think you'll find that there's only a few that knock Craftsman.

I've bought many tools from Sears...including a nice router...that
I've had for years.

Tools are like cars. If yer goin' to the grocery store, do you need a
Mustang?...or a Town Car? And which one do you WANT? lol

Have a nice one...

Trent

wow.. you rang a bell there, Trent!
The router that I've been using for over 20 years and never thought
about brand-wise is a craftsman...
After all the use and abuse of just about all of my friends and
neighbors, and me once in a while, I had my first problem with it last
week..
The return spring on the little arm that locks the shaft for bit
changes broke... I replaced it with one I had (I never throw ANYTHING
away) in about 20 min... most of that time was taken to clean under
and around the faceplate for the 1st time ever..