Lobster

Default Basic electrical question

"MattP" {add mattspersonal before @} wrote in message ...
Would the same prinicple apply to cables e.g. cooker and kitchen sockets?

My problem is that I have a Barrets home, and so the floorboards are made of
chipboard and the've used 6" nails to secure the boards down. It has been
impossible to lift the board for the sockets without breaking it, if I've
got to replace the whole cable that's a lot of destructive work. Plan B is
to use a router to cut around the nails and replace with screws.

I've seen a gizzmo for a router somewhere in a catalogue or on the web
(Screwfix? tlc? but I can't find it now) which is designed to cuts out
a neat stepped hole about 4" diameter in a chipboard floor, and also
prepares a matching plug for the hole, so when you've finished mucking
about beneath the floor you can readily fill the hole with a neat,
removable, flush-fitting hatch. Was reasonably expensive IIRC, but
I'd buy one like a shot if I had a lot of these to do.

Maybe someone here knows what I'm on about?

David